Indoor cycling or spinning was born in 1987, when Johnny Goldber, a well-known North American cyclist, decided to teach cycling classes to his friends and family in the garage of his house, using a bicycle that he had designed himself.
As you can see in our activities section, indoor cycling is defined as a collective physical activity, carried out on a bicycle specially designed for this purpose, at a certain pace, in which predominantly cardiovascular work is carried out. Throughout the activity we will regulate the resistance of the bicycle to control the effort, which is why this activity can be adapted to the level of each person individually in a group class.
Our cardiovascular training classes are intense, but low impact, this together with music guarantees one of the best group work experiences.
Advantages and benefits of practicing indoor cycling
When we do a sport like this we don’t imagine to what extent we are benefiting our body.
Regardless of whether you are a man or a woman, you will notice:
- Weight loss.
- Strengthening bones, muscles and joints.
- Improvement of the cardiovascular system.
- Improved physical resistance.
- You will gain willpower.
- It helps you focus, improves your ability to concentrate.
- Stress reduction.
- Increased self-esteem, positive thinking.
- Reduces the risk of injury.
- Accelerates metabolism.
- Improves our lung capacity.
- Improve your immune system.
- Keeps you young.
- You will rest better.
- Reduces cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- You will have a lot of fun.
To perform the exercises correctly we need to have a monitor, at least at the beginning. The training sessions are divided into three phases:
- Warm-up : we will do about 10 or 15 minutes of warm-up to prepare our body for the effort we are going to make and thus avoid injuries.
- Exercise : this is the most demanding part, it lasts between 30 and 45 minutes, we combine cycles of higher intensity with those of lower intensity, here everyone has to be aware of their limits and not exceed them.
- Stretching : Once we get off the bike, we will have to do the necessary stretching so that our muscles and joints do not suffer.
Checkout Workout Cycle at FreeBeatFit and get an additional $300 off.